1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Furthest a Check has Traveled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fantasy Lawns, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

This maybe kinda off topic ....but it got me thinking

Have a customer whom pays annual each year .... has a summer or winter home what one may call it ... located in my area

He works fore Uncle Sam but as a Private contractor ....last year his check comes from a bank in Columbia ....this year it's drawn on a bank in Australia

So got me think .... how far has that check traveled ...let alone how long it's gonna clear ....not a big deal ... he pays full year last 3 years

But that check came from the side of the globe ...kinda cool

OK .... I'm bored
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Where here in M.D we get a check from someone thats in Kentucky,strange i thaught. They pay each month. Oh well it clears everytime.
  3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear ya ... this guys check is always good ...even better he pays fore the full next year ;-)
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I get one each month from from someone's slush fund (probably) at a bank in the Cayman Islands...weathly individual btw.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Mine's still from the same country, but I service a lot in VA that gets billed to CA, coast to coast.
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We had a customer form Michigan that owned a summer home here on Ontario. They paid us in US funds until we told them. The difference was about 24% back then. I wonder what else they paid in US funds.
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have to send a bill to Ca. next week. I'll probably give them a seven day due date.:laugh:
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

We don't have any that come from overseas, but because we do alot of major corporation's properties in Research Triangle Park, NC we do get checks from all over the US, like LA, NY, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. and the sad thing is most of those accts pay faster than the ones that are coming from the same city we are in.... :laugh:
  9. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat as you I have two here in NC side by side same owner and it also get billed to CA. The check clears every time. She actually pays better than some of the local customer's.
  10. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

one pays from switzerland and one from the virgin islands, ive never met either face to face.