Fusilade II & Ornamec on Bermudagrass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bryn, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Having spent the last hour reading through labels and previous posts, I thought I would share what I have found about the above products. From a lot of the posts I have read it seems that some people are not reading the labels completely, which is no surprise considering the Fusilade label is twenty odd pages and some of the most important information is only about six words long tucked away on page 20.

This is what I have found.

Fusilade II is NOT labeled for home lawns, check top of page 20 of the pdf from the syngenta website.

Ornamec does not seem to have the same restriction on home lawns as Fusialde II.

Ornamec is 6.75% AI compared to 24.5% AI for Fusilade.

An alternative for Bermuda grass suppressions would be Turflon + Acclaim Extra.

Hope this helps someone.

Best Regards

Bryn

2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Have not read those labels, but what are the chances they are not labled for residential?

3. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Hi TurfUnlimited,

I need to read the labels again, but I'm fairly confident that they are allowed on residential turf.

Best Regards

Bryn

4. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

From my understanding Fusilade II is not labeled for "homeowner" use. It can be applied to residential turf only if the applicator is licensed.

In my opinion Acclaim is better for suppressing bermudagrass anyway (less phytotoxicity).

5. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

I agree about Acclaim, you will find a similar thread I wrote about Truflon + Acclaim where I had good results.

I just spoke with a Dr. Keith Brownell from Sygenta about this, and his understanding was that it could not be used even by a licensed operator on a residential lawn. It is always good to check yourself, be it the label or the chemicals technical department. Please call him at 1-866-SYNGENTA (796-4368). I called him because I wanted to make sure myself.

Best Regards

Bryn

6. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

The label I was looking at was an old one from Zeneca, so I guess the Syngenta product has different labeling.