Fusion Blade Backorder??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bth, Apr 28, 2006.

1. bth

bth LawnSite Member

PJ -

I live outside of Ann Arbor, MI and buy my parts at Larry's Mower shop. I ordered, and paid for, a spare set of fusion blades for my Hustler Z last Friday (#795252). I went in there yesterday to see if they came in and they hadn't yet. I called today (a week since I ordered them) and they now tell me that they are on backorder and do not know when they will be in. I find it hard to believe that such common replacement parts as blades are on backorder. Is this true that they are on back order or did Larry's just "forget" to place my order and are covering it up? From my experience with this dealer in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Can you advise?

Thanks,
    bth

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was just in your area last week...
    Anyways....
    Larry's is a great dealer for us, I doubt they "forgot" to order them...
    I can look into this for you and find out, our parts are supplied to the dealer through our distribution network, I will talk to the distributor in the morning.

Pj

3. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I've been waiting 20 days so far for a set.

4. bth

bth LawnSite Member

Well, I guess I spoke too soon... Larry's called me today and said that the blades were in. Thanks anyways for your help PJ.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

See how fast I am??? ....lol...lol.....
    I am glad you have them now.

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me and I will look into this.

Pj

7. wildduck1520

wildduck1520 LawnSite Member

Could rep please enclose some pictures of the blades??

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

[​IMG]

9. bth

bth LawnSite Member

I just picked up my blades from Larry's and was surprised that one of them was stamped differently than the other two. The sail angles are the same between all three, but check out the picture. On one of them, the sail length from the end of the blade is longer than the other two. Has there been a change to the sail length on the fusion blades? All three are stamped with the same part number, 795252. But, where they are stamped on the bottom denoting which side is the grass side, the two with the same sails say "GRASS SIDE CV" and the one that has a different sail says "GRASS SIDE DC." Any thoughts on the difference. Larry's had no idea.

Also, I am assuming that only one of the 5 blades pictures from the previous post is a "fusion" blade - the one labeled so, correct?

bth

fusion blades.JPG

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats wierd.... I have not heard of any changes in the blade.
    I will e-mail this post to our engineers and see what they have to say.
    And yes, the only Fusion blade in the above pictures is the one labeled so.

Pj