Fusion Blades........ Please Read!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerconsultant, Feb 9, 2006.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As we approach almost a full year of installing Fusion blades ( http://www.oregonchain.com/OEP/pdfs/2005_Brochures/OREGON_FusionBlade.pdf ) as standard blades on our commercial mower's, we are looking for some feedback from anyone that has been using them.
    Give us some feedback / testimony on your experience (longevity, sharpness, frequency of sharpening.. etc..etc..) with the Fusion blades on your Hustler mower.
    I will leave this thread open for a couple weeks and when I close it I will randomly draw a few (3 to 5, depending on how many posts we get) names for Hats / shirts.
    Thanks in advance for your post's

Pj

2. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

the only feedback I have is that my dealer did not have them in stock and did not seem that it would be a good idea to switch to them on an 04 super z.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have had great results with the new Fusion blades. I get great lift and great discharge, with near zero clumping in lush rapid growth conditions. I would run doubles on my 2003 27/60 Super Z, with decent results especially after I opened up the discharge are (per Hustler's instruction). I have since purchased a 2005 27/60 Super Z, and the Fusion blades outperform the doubles by a long shot. They seem to keep the deck alot cleaner as well. They do stay sharp longer than the "old style" blades.I am very pleased with the performance of the Fusion blades.

4. precisongreen32

precisongreen32 LawnSite Member

i have used them for one season and i think they are awesome will use in the future!

5. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

My 52" mini Z came with the fusion blades and they are great. A friend of mine has a 44" mini Z and uses standard blades we compared them after we cut the same number of yards ( we both cut floritam grass in sandy soil ) The fusion blades on mine were still sharp and cutting great his were in need of sharpening. Since then he has also purchased fusions for his.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I put the spacer kit and fusion blades on my 2004 27/60 Super Z as soon as they came out , I could tell the first time I cut with them that they were superior to any blade I had ever used. I am also positive that lowering the blades in the deck makes a big difference in the way it cuts because you can run the deck higher and clear objects that would be hit with the other set up. The fusion blades cut a lot cleaner which means you can mow at a faster speed (the faster I can cut the better I like it). The blades go through a special hardening process which allows you to go a whole lot longer between sharpenings and by their design of being sharpened all the way to the spindle you just don't see any stringers left standing. I bought a new 2005 27/60 Super Z with the larger chute opening and it would cut a little faster because of the discharge rate . They brought my 66" XR-7 28 efi with the flex forks this week and I am really looking forward to trying it out because I don't think there is a mower on the market that will compare with it and if there is a better mower blade than the fusion I'm willing to try it.

7. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

me personally, i like them much better that any other blade that i have used..i have tried gator mulchers and high lifts on the mulching deck and the fusion out perform by a mile...without the mulch deck again, the fusions are simply no comparison..to me it seems that they give a superior cut and disperse the clipping excellent...re longevity of the edge, again, far better than any other blade that i have ever used...sharpening frequency has deff dropped..deff a home run as far as i am concerned...i use the super z 60/27..great machine..

8. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

what kind of blades come standard on the 2005 20honda52 fastrack?

9. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 model Super Z 60/28 EFI. I got one of the first mowers with the larger deck opening which was equipped with Fusion Blades.

I have nothing but completments for the Fusion Blades.

My Dad has Scag Turf Tiger 61 inch cut. I tried a new set of his blades and the result was not close to the cut of the Fusion.

The clippings were much finer cut and the distribution was much better.

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FasTrak comes with std mower blades, you can install the Fusion blades on the FasTrak, it just doesn't come from the factory with them, we only install them from the factory on commercial units.

Pj