FX Luminaire has been SOLD SOLD SOLD

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Feb 4, 2009.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

oooohhhhh....now theres a good question..........

I dont see Hunter changing names of the company or doing to much to say "hey we own FX" except to their distributing partners to whom they want to bring the product line in. Most contractors will be introduced to FX as FX and not as FX owned by Hunter. In all I think this will become a good thing for FX as Hunter will get the product line into more areas of distribution. But I too wonder how the relationship will change, if at all with Ewing? Only time will tell.
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hasn't anyone ever told you guys that water and electricity don't mix?

:)clapping:Thank you, thank you very much... I will be here all week.:clapping:)
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I think that kind of brand loyalty is a little misplaced sometimes.

Just like I've never understood people identifying themswelves as either Ford or Chevy fanatics either... (never mind the Mopar nuts :rolleyes: .)

I've owned different brands of vehicles (and maint. equipment back when I did that), and they all have their strengths and weaknesses...

I'm loyal to good products and good service, and sometimes the particular product to meet a specific need, whichever brand I choose.

I want a distributor and manufacturer who listen to me now and then and act quickly on warranty issues.

I won't put all my eggs in one basket. I've learned better.
  4. JoeyD

5. LiteEmUp

LiteEmUp LawnSite Member

FORD swallows.
  6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

and Dodge Blows...

(Looks like I will be in a 2009 Toyota as of April... unless GM decides to play nice.)
  7. JoeyD

LMAO.....this thread made a turn for the better!! LOL
  8. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Deleted Deleted
  9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I've been doing irrigation repair and install for over 20 years, and I have to admit, I have seen the polarized installers, rainbird/hunter, and toro way back when, and never really understood it. I always tended to gravitate toward products that worked and performed the best, and were easy to install and maintain. That means for me hunter rotors and rainbird controllers, but I have installed many variations of each, and toro multi stream rotors in the past.

I personally like when competitors are married to a brand, as it opens the door for me to install a better performing product. I may like FX's trans, and some of thier fixtures, but many of thier fixtures are not the best for the application, or the best price. I actually hate thier habit of using italian names, as it is nealy impossible for me to remember the name of the mini-wall washer I installed 3 years back, or whatever. I have to look back at the catalog.

it is my hope that FX and hunter continue building what they build well.
  10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

It was always my theory that the Italian names came from some misguided attempt to differentiate themselves in the marketplace... maybe after a dinner at a restaurant that involved too many bottles of Chianti :)

I just go with the letter-number combo. For instance, FaroGiardino becomes FG12... RotundaLuna becomes RL20... much simpler that way.

FX produces the only aluminum alloy fixtures I will install near the ground anymore. My experience has shown them to be far superior to Vista, Nightscaping or Hadco in terms of finish integrity and corrosion resistance...