G-d & being a contractor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, May 30, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

This was brought up on another thread and I thought I would bring up the issue in its own thread. How many of you involve G-d in your business dealings, advertisements, vehicles, or what have you? There is one guy around me who drives a truck which says "Jesus is Lord" or something like that. Now while I have no problems with people of different religions, I would think that certain people who maybe are very religious would not hire a company which does stuff like that? Maybe I am wrong though. I honestly think that I would have a hard time hiring anybody who was so religious as to write something like that on their truck. As I said before, I have no problems with people of other religions, however when they start trying to push something on me, or what have you... that's when I draw the line.

2. gamoose

gamoose LawnSite Member

You should drive south, way south, The religious views are much stronger down here. Alot of companies quote John 3:16 or other bible verses in thier ads, business cards or flyers. You also see alot of fish slmbols "<><" on company signs and trailers. Just part of what makes this country great. You have the choice to feel any way you want about religion, ANY RELIGION!

3. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

fblandscape

This guy you're talking about isn't from Westchester County, N.Y., would he?

4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

I have NO problem with religion but;I had a plumber come to my house and before he even came inside to fix the problem he started giving me religious pamphlets and made me very uncomfortable.I felt like saying "uh can you just fix the pipe?" I feel this is a personal belief and should be left right there.

5. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

Depends on what you mean by involved. He is involved in all decision making, but I do not have anything on cards, truck, or machines nor will I push my beliefs on anyone, but I will give information when asked as well as defend or explain as needed.