Ga Ornamental turf license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Catos, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I'm taking my test to spray here in GA. It's alot of stuff, but I'm asking is all of that stuff going to be on there. If not could someone help me out with what to focus on. Thanks

2. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I took the test early this year. If that's cat24 focus on the entire book! Trust me!

As for the General Standards there's a review tape the Extension service loans that's really helpful.

3. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

what part of ga. are you from?

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

General Standards is pretty easy. I personally only read the chapter recaps and the terms you should know sections. Pretty much a common sense test.

Now, the O&T section is a different story. Even though that book is smaller, you need to know it all.

The things I remember the most:

Know all of the turf diseases well.

Know the insects very well.

Know all the tree pests/diseases well.

To me, those were the most challenging areas. This test has a 50% failure rate the first time, so beware it is not supposed to be easy.

5. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I appreciate the information, thanks. I'm from LaGrange GA

6. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Attend the review session they have before the test. As mentioned above, get the review tape and mentally digest it. Know the definitions. Don't spend a lot of time on calibration. Among the tree diseases, I remember a couple of questions on pine beetles and a couple on triple rinsing and the drain time between rinsing. Seems like they were heavy on turf diseases and tree diseases.