1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ga$ Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by youngdude, Sep 4, 2004.

1. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

It seems like gas prices just keep on rising here. Just yesterday I paid 1.90 for unleaded gas. Whats the highest you ever paid for unleaded?
  2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

about 3 weeks ago it was around 2.08 for 87
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

get use to it......

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Prices seem to have stabilized at $1.95 around me for the last few months. I have a feeling prices won't go below that again.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I saw a place for $1.77. But here is the catch. Cash only. And you can guess the guys nationality that owned the place. I wonder were all that money is going.

Every where else is $1.88-1.93
  6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $2.28/gal about two months ago..

Like everyone else has said.. Get used to it..

You should be charging enough that gas isn't even a major expense..

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Seems to have stabilized lately around 1.90 or so. I saw a Sheetz yesterday at 1.79, what a bargain! Everythings relative. My old boss was freakin' a few years back when it rose from around a dollar to 1.25. I'm sure his blood pressure is pretty high now.

Have to pass the cost on to the customer. Don't even worry about them cancelling. Just do it.
  8. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

9. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

That money is going to taxes and the little thats left over 5-6 cents per gallon is his profit. The reason some stations do that is that the credit card fees start to really kill you. The fees are 4% so about 4 cents per gallon.

He is not getting paid cash like you would think. His inventory is regulated by the federal government so if he sold to you cash and did not report it the government would know.

BTW my full time job deals with fuel trading.
  10. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I pay an average of $2.09 for 91 for at least 3 months. :realmad: 87 around $1.95. It could be alot worse though.