1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gabian Baskets

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mini man, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

Can someone give me th low down?
    I priced a 100 foot X 5 foot high wall in armour stone for a guy @ $35 per sq foot.....he wants me to price the same wall using Gabian Baskets but I have never done one.
  2. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

So no one here has ever done Gabian Baskets?
  3. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I just posted a similar thread like 4 threads down.

I don't have much experience, but I've priced them out from Maccaferri. They are about $180 a basket for 4m x 1m x 1m. You have to price out gabian stone yourself.

You have to hand stack the stones in each basket to get a nice appearance and this can be time consuming.

I'm working on a wall 200' by 6' and I'm using a product from brooklin concrete called landmark stone. a 6x2x2 block will be approximately $180 delivered. (might be more depending on your pricing with them)

It's a nice product but the blocks are heavy and hard to place with anything but a large excavator. Even a backhoe can be difficult to place them as they twice as much as your average armor stone. (the cement blocks are 3000lbs)

$35 seems cheap for armor stone though. Where you getting it from? And are you picking it up yourself. A lot of guys charge about $300-$350 a ton for armor stone (reduced somewhat for a wall your size)