1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gadgets that make your life\ business easier

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tinman, Sep 2, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

What tech devices save u time, make things easier, more enjoyable in business & personal life.

Mine: MP3 player keeps boredom at bay while mowing lawns I couls do with my eyes closed.

TIVO: no commerceials!!!! Rarely do I watch anything live.

Online banking is a big time saver also. NO more stamps for mailing bills.

Of course cell phones... I need to get a blackberry but can't quite justify more monthly costs for emailing & such. What are the monthly rates now for unlimited data transfer. Last time I looked it was $60 per month

What do u guys who have GPS devices use them for besides the obvious driving directions & such? What is a good one at a lower price range?
  2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

30-40 a month for unlimited not sure if the sale is still going on for cingular. i was about to buy one decided even though i might use all the services i dont need any more headaches
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

it's more of a toy, but i like my digital camera. if nothing else, it's handy for doccumenting existing damage on properties.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I never realized just how much I'd love online banking and paying bills online until I started doing it. :)

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Scag mowers they work,no down time so far.
  6. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

GPS is great, for business and personal, i have the Lowrance iway 500, its great for new customers, no more using mapquest or driving in circles, also is loaded with food, gas and shopping info as well.
  7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

My toy to help my business and me.

dump trailer 002 (Small) (Small).JPG
  8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree, the last few vehicles i've bought have navigation in them, it is such a time saver it isn't even funny. my other favorite thing is my wireless printer for our office. I can walk around our building printing stuff off of my laptop as well as everyone who has a laptop in the company!