Gaining more accounts in certain neighborhoods....advice?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Mar 3, 2012.

1. The customers love me, but they are only at this property literally a couple times per year, so they don't really know many others in the hood. I'm confident I will pick up more over time. It's a great neighborhood.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Your passion will deliver the goods and carry the day.
    easy-lift guy
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PostcardMania

PostcardMania LawnSite Member

You're right, it does take a consistent flow, you can't mail once and expect things to turn around overnight. But it's like that with most marketing methods (emails, print ads, etc.). And yes, targeted mailings provide better results, which is what I suggesting. However, he's wanting to target a specific neighborhood. He's not allowed to leave doorhangers or flyers on their property, he's been pretty limited.

@diamondlandscaping - how about developing a referral program for all those happy customers who love you? Maybe something like, a free mow for every paid customer they refer? Get some business cards that have that promotion and hand it to your customer at the end of service.

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Did you get your e-mail?

5. I did, thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

You can save loads of money prinitng these yourself and targeting your market.

The next mailer will include tips (don't worry most people won't even try them and those that do will foul them up). Get Publisher and I'll send you a template you can use yourself.

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

If there is a way to select or eliminate parts of a zip code I'd consider direct mail.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. PostcardMania

You are able to break it down by carrier route and then have them pick out specific routes for each zip code... Is that what you're looking to do?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

For less than half what you charge I used EDDM from the Post Office and do it myself. Sure It takes some time but my first Mailing was a 5,000 and I saved $ 1,000 over your price doing it myself.

https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/

Try the Demo and go to step one where you enter a actual address in the middle of the area you want to target. Click on Location and Map and a Map will come up. Also a list of routes. Place your Cursor over the Route Number and the Route will be marked in Blue.

10. PostcardMania

Right, the only thing is that you can't target your mailings other than by carrier route. How were your results?