1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by powerreel, Mar 24, 2001.

1. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Has anyone used Gallery? We are not going to apply any more 2,4-D combos any longer. Will it tank mix with Round up and Surflan?
  2. greengeezer

greengeezer LawnSite Member

Gallery is a very good/expensive pre-emergent from Dow. They recommend mixing with Surflan (also from Dow). Gallery is labeled for prevention of broadleaf weeds in turf, but is cost prohibitive compaired to post-emergent products. Mixing with Surflan works well for bed weed control. I'm not sure about mixing with round-up, but I would try a jar test first. I don't think there's any labeling issues, but since Gallery is a dry flowable and Surflan is a flowable, agitation to keep them suspended will be needed if not being used quickly
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

gallery used on lawns would cost you 120 bucks per acre every 6 months, I'd add barricade at 1.33lbs per acre at a cost to you of 60 bucks per acre. put this out in feb and sptember, and you will have NO weeds, but little or no profit unless you price it at .8 per square foot or so for that app. dave