1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Garage for rent ... worth it or not ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by uniquechev, Feb 15, 2011.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev LawnSite Member

Just looked at a smaller garage thats approx 700 sq ft with a 16' door. Its going for $550 per month with no real outside parking. Looking to make it my first garage poss. Anyone out there have any thoughts on things like this ? Kind of torn on what to do cause i've looked at smaller for more money but they had outside parking. Any suggestions from other fellow landscapers would be a peace of mind to take or pass ! Thanks

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Holy hell, I'd suggest moving to somewhere where real estate isn't so insane! around here you could get a 1,000 sq. ft. HOUSE to rent for that price, that may have a double detached garage that size with it!

3. uniquechev

Ya out here in Mass its costly to do anything.

4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

The back room on my house is over 400sqft.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I just figured what size that could be, just a guess, but a 24x30 roughly. That's a decent sized 2 car garage... Much better than my 20x24! I do have an addition on the back for storage, and 2 sheds though...

6. uniquechev

Jason your right its a 24x30. Its tucked in a back corner of a ushaped building. I think i'm prob going to pass on this just cause of the cost to storage ratio. Thanks for all the input

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

$.79 a sq foot for that area is pretty good. Is that including power or no? Most areas within 45 minutes of the city your going to be looking around $1.00 sq ft plus power

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I'm paying $145 for 14X40 with electric.

9. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Have you thought about a storage unit? Alot of LCO's around here do that. The one I have is like 120 with electric.

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

not a bad idea