Garage Sell Blower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by knothead, Sep 8, 2007.

1. knothead

knothead LawnSite Member

Picked up a echo bp400e today and was wondering if anyone has in info on these.Is it a homeowner or commercial, mix ratio,opinions ect!Even if its home owner quality I couldnt pass it up for the price!

2. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

http://mayberrys.com/echo/blowers/backpack.htm

3. knothead

knothead LawnSite Member

Thanks for link but no info on this model!

4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

I have one as well. I got parts look up at russo's. Mine was a garbage pick. Tubes are junk, but it has 165lbs of compression. The carb is bad, i just haven't had time to mess with it. I got a polun pro backpack that has good tubes, that also amazingly looks like the pb400e. Anyways, I just use multi-mix 2 cycle in my stuff so I only need to carry one gas can. The parts look up showed a mister app i think, i don't remember. but i think they were commercial. Echo still has something very similar to it on its web site, same air cleaner assy and everything.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's probably along top of the homeowner line, you might can call it entry level commercial, it will do fine with the light stuff that's coming down from now until end of October, then you'll likely want something heavier.

As for mix ratio, most are 50:1, I'd be for running the same mix fuel you run in all your commercial stuff in it, that's all I run is one mix and if it can't run my mix then it's crap get another one lol

6. knothead

knothead LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the replies and info! Played with it a little yesterday and it is alot better than my handheld even if it is homeowner grade!Needs airfilter and alittle cleaning up but for 30.00 dont think I went wrong.Looked on echo's site last night and you can get parts very reasonable and they have enough selection on their parts list you could build one from scratch if you wanted to!Thanks again