garage?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by moparman, Jan 18, 2007.

1. moparman

moparman LawnSite Member
    from pa

i have a 2 car garage and i will be turning 16 soon and my friend and i are starting in to landscaping. we both will have trucks. i was wondering if my tractor will be up to it a cub cadet 2544 wil a 44 in deck. will only use it for one season until i buy a used emark. we have hand mowers and everything else. but we were wonder how to set up a shop in the garage what do we need how much will it cost. and what type of trailers shop we get?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The condition of your Cub Cadet will determine whether or not it will hold up. If it's in good shape and you aren't trying to cut 100 properties a week with it it should be fine for a little while.

Setting up a shop depends on what you want to do. If you just need somewhere to grind some blades and change the oil then there really isn't anything to set up. Buy a grinder and a jack or maybe some ramps to get the mower up in the air and you're set.

If you're looking for somewhere to store chemicals, mowers and stuff like that then but one of those poly sheds. They're relatively cheap and hold up for a long time.

I've been at this for over 12 years and have 5 mowers, a bunch of trimmers along with grinders, sprayers, spreaders and 2 generators and the whole mess only occupies a 10' by 16' space in my 32 by 32 garage.