garbage day?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

ok so you finish mowing a clients lawn early one day, it happens to be the day the trash is picked up...you see their trash and notice something, it could be a spool of weed whip line, a tool just something that catches your eye that they have in their garbage... do you a)grab it and hope no one saw b)just keeping walking and regret it for the next two days or c)remind yourself that you dont have room for anything else and keep walking?

2. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I would hate to think of going through someones garbage but keep in mind "one man's trash is another man's treasure". If you can get to it without getting into the stinky stuff then go for it. By the way what was it you saw???

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on what it is, where it is, and how bad I want it.

4. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

today i grabed a cool vintage front fender for a motorcycle from a lady i do snow and lawn for, the thing is awesome its all pin striped out i dont know why she was tossin it, maybe i dont wanna know

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I grabbed a lawnboy mower from one of my customers trash, took it home cleaned out the exhaust port and started it right up. my daughter still uses it at her house.