1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Garden Light Fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TxCaddy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

Another supplier that I have encountered is a company called Garden Light. They only deal with contractors but from what I can tell in my research is they have an incredible customer service program and have lifetime warranties on their transformers and fixtures. Anybody ever heard of 'em or had any experience with them?
  2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

do they have a website?
  3. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

4. landscapelight

landscapelight LawnSite Member

my policy has always been-If my client can buy the same product for the same price- then I wouldn't consider offering it. This place is just another "Garden variety" (pardon the pun) supplier who is selling the same made in China knockoffs that 100 others are. Commodity generics for those looking for the lowest upfront cost for product that is only guaranteed to fail shortly after being installed. Stick with a local supplier and buy name brands.payup
  5. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

I agree with landscapelight's assessment. Plus, if you look at their online catalog, you'll see that only a subset of their fixtures have lifetime warranty. Also, any company that claims a lifetime warranty on any sockets, breakers, photocells, timers and taps is fooling you. The best-made of these components may fail within a few years of contsant use. As an installer, you'll be left in a situation of trying to explain to your customers why they have to pay you to service these parts when you promised them a lifetime free of failures. And, you'll need to convince the manufacturer that the system was properly installed to claim your warranty. Better to go with a manufacturer who's upfront with actual life expectancy of components and who has designed their products to be easily serviced in the field.
  6. landscapelight

landscapelight LawnSite Member

Amen, Steve
  7. TxCaddy

TxCaddy LawnSite Member

A very good point!
  8. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

Our company is new and have had great luck with garden light. There customer service has been great thus far. The company i use to work for in a different town uses them a lot and has had great luck with garden light. Just my opinion.
  9. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

We are a new company and i'm learning tons from this forum. Thanks to all that have put post up. Still learning.

www.landscapeillumination.net :)
  10. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have used Garden Light for a year now and found there products as good if not better than the"name brands". Their pricing great. As far as endurance-we will see. I have had problems with Vista and Nightscaping near the ocean so lets see.