Garden Show - KC MO

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by MetroMelody, May 18, 2005.

1. MetroMelody

MetroMelody LawnSite Member

I represent two different lawn & garden Shows in the KC Metro area. I'm trying to make them better venues for professionals in the green industry. My challenge is that mine are tradeshows, not publicly funded events. Since my landscapers and lawn professionals pay for their space and for their displays, I'm searching for ways to make the shows even more productive for them.

Any advice from professionals who have been through garden shows, I'd like to hear what you liked, what helped your business the most, and what you hated.

Please tell me your thoughts, especially if within the radius of my shows so I know what I could be doing better to support this marketing effort for the green industry.

Thank you kindly,

Melody
    Metropolitan Lawn & Garden Show
    Johnson County Home & Garden Show :waving:

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Melody, Im really not to sure what your question is. Could you elaborate please?

3. MetroMelody

MetroMelody LawnSite Member

My question is for any green industry professional whose company has participated in garden shows. (If you haven't, this might not make any sense).

What did you like, what didn't you like about the show?
    What made it a successful marketing venture for your business?

If you could design a garden show to showcase your product or service, what elements would you include? What would you be looking for?

Since garden shows help bring members of the green industry smack dab in the front of consumers itching with Spring Fever, I want to make my Show the best marketplace for those two to meet. Hence, I want to hear from people who have thoughts on what more garden shows could do for their industry.

Hope this helps,

MetroMelody