garden show

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by swing blade, Mar 4, 2001.

1. swing blade

swing blade LawnSite Member

anyone go to the Cincinnati home & garden show? I found plenty of suppliers that are willing to cut prices back on various products. But I'm not quite sure on their quality. where can I check their backgrounds to dertermine who is a ligit company and is worth going through?
  2. Kansas Turf Man

Kansas Turf Man LawnSite Member

Most of the people at home shows are legit. It takes quite a chunk of change to even get a booth at most shows. Many shows require that the business have a heafty insurance policy. Many up to a million dollars coverage. Talk to the people putting on the show to find out what their standards are. Some shows won't let in Joe Blow off the street. Start there then go to the pros in your area. many of them all know each other see what the opinions sound like.

Hope this helps.
  3. Kansas Turf Man

Kansas Turf Man LawnSite Member

Here is what I found.

McCluggage Van Sickle & Perry in Wichita KS

I'm not sure about this one. Ryan Lawn and Tree

They have positions available for landscape design not sure about architects. 913-381-2378

You can probably find a few more by going to I know the grounds dept. has internships for LA's

Hope this helps.