1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Garden

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by macaw, Jan 23, 2004.

1. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Dose anyone home garden. I do it's hard to find the time to do.
    I organic garden and do raised beds. Have a small greenhouse
    and shadehouse. Would love to grow plants ( annuals ) for some of my customers but there just not enough time.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife has a couple herb gardens and guess who gets recruted to do the tilling and heavier stuff. I have done several large landscape projects though (my department). Ive been looking into purchasing one of those 12' x 10' green houses. We have a very large second floor deck off our bedroom I want to put it on since my 1st choice of a hot tub wont work (due to the weight).

3. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

We have a garden as well. As far as finding the time to work in it I just take about an hour on saturdays to maintain it. I found a great time saver as far as weeding goes. I space my rows and plants out enough for the tiller attachment for my line trimmers power head. I just run through once or twice turning everything under then weed by hand around the stalks.

4. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I am a "Master Gardner", have a hundred Roses, an English garden, and a lawn you can I can putt on. I actually have, at times, inserted golf holes in my lawn. I will say, that since, I got this lawn care business going, maintaining my own home can get put down the list of, "must dos". A man just has to play golf at least once a week.

5. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I too have a home garden in which I grow most of the veggies we use over the winter.Nothing tastes better than the ones you grew out of your own garden.
    I also grow giant pumpkins like the 700 lbers,And giant onions 6-7 lbers

6. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I love to mess around in my own garden, but I find that it gets neglected more than anyything else. A vine ripe tomato from your own garden sure beats anything you buy at the store. Eventually I would like to also have a small greennhouse to start my seed in.

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A