1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gary At Better Outdoor Products.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Wanted to post to let everyone know, it's my turn to EAT CROW.

last year I purchased a Quick 36 mower, it was used 3 yrs old. from a home owner
    " it was in GREAT shape " he had put gator blades on it and at the time I was involved with building a building. so I did't have much time to spend with the NEW to me mower.

I sent it out with my crew and they returned saying it cuts like crap. it was pushed aside and life went on.... SO when I would see a post here on lawnsite.com I was bad mouthing the quick 36.....

I Finley Got to spend some time and ordered blades for the Quick and WOW.
    what a difference. This machine cuts wonderfully......

This is my Public apology to The Better Out door Products Co.
    I was wrong and I am sorry.

Thank you
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How does that crow taste? Grilled, roasted or fried?
  3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

so youre saying that you intentionally bad mouthed a company without first checking if the blades were sharp? hopefully you didnt slander the company.
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome way to check your pride at the door and give credit where it is due!

Top shelf attitude man!

Hope you have many successful seasons with that Quick machine!
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you to reconcile on here....
    It serves a good point that we all need to gather the facts and watch our tongues before we lash out.
  6. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

Way to man up. :weightlifter:
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

See crow doesn't tast that bad. Heck, my wife makes me eat it all the time { damn it seems she is always right}.
  8. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Apology gladly accepted. But, I'm even happier knowing that we have another satisfied customer.

FWIW... A couple of seasons ago, I had a (landscaper) customer who phoned-in and proceeded to call me everything but a "Child of God" over the suddenly horrible cut quality of his mower. After about twenty minutes, we finally figured out that he had re-installed his blades upside down. :hammerhead: It's now one of the first questions we ask... :laugh:

Thanks again. Let us know if you need anything.

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

...am guessing that Hi-Lifts were put on to replace the Gators...(??)

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I am glad that worked out for you. I see that Gary thanked you as well. Gotta give you kudos for the apology...Good luck with that machine....Don't you need some more equipment ??:drinkup: