Gas $1.23 a gallon

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Aug 19, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

On the suggestion of SKDCO here, I got a gas card. I've used it once before and saved about $0.12 cents a gallon. Just bought gas for $1.23 a gallon, $0.16 cents less that the pump price, very nice. I can't wait until they get diesel!
  2. Did you read the fine print on the gas card?

After 30 days you are subject to a $3 transaction fee every time you use the card.
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I got one about a month ago. It is more a novelty than anything else. The 100 gallons a month limit sucks. From what I understand the average savings is between 9-12 cents per gallon. I used it once and got $.12/gallon off. It is also a pain in the ass to use around here, at least at the station I had to buy from.

When I got mine gas was $1.469 and I paid $1.35. I used it once before the gas fell to $1.439, then it fell to $1.389. I still have three gallons left and the gas had fallen to $1.359. 9/10 cent per gallon...woohoooo. :rolleyes:

If you get one use it asap. :mad:
  5. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Tried to get a card, but due to the regulations here in NJ I wasnt able to get one.
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Our regular unleaded gas is already down to 1.23$ a gallon. of course I don't use that in my equipment
  7. tslawn

tslawn LawnSite Member
    Posts: 39 in Maryland...the gas prices for 87 octane is between $1.57 and $1.66. Premium is around $1.75 - $1.84. I'll take whatever savings I can get right now. Diesel would be great too. Right now paying roughly $1.51 at the lowest pump locally.
  8. lja

lja LawnSite Member

$139.9 A GAL ......????????????

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

We were at 1.34 for a week after a high of 1.97.

But that didn't last long its 1.47 for regular unleaded and going up every week.
  10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you dont use it up within 90 days, you lose the rest of your unused gallons. And it cant be used for commerical purposes. Oh well !