1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassBustersLawn, May 10, 2004.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Last week REGULAR hit $1.93 in Indy. Then it bumped down to the low $1.80's. Today it JUMPED UP to $2.05. That is a NEW HIGH FOR HERE. I've NEVER seen it above $2 (except for 9-11 when it jumped to $4.00 for the afternoon).

All NEW business is getting a bump. I also had $2 threshold in my contracts for a $2 per week bump. We'll see how that goes!

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

it went from $2.03 to $2.11 overnight here.
  3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

it went from 1.87 when i bought it to 2.11 about an hour later then came down to 2.03 and then 1.99 all with in about 4 hours.
  4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

why is the gas sky rocketing so much.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It's all about greed. An average station will pump over a million gallons a year and even a 1 cent jump is $10,000. I work 3rd shift at a station on the interstate with another station across the street. Most of the time our gas goes up simply when theirs goes up. It went up 3 times last friday alone. Before that, it went up 2 cents a day for about a week and then jumped 5 cents at one time. For all of those jumps I think we had maybe ONE delivery. It's greed.
  6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

California prices and between $1.99 and $2.79.

Has anyone noticed that regular seems to be of less octane/quality than rated?

I use to be able to run reg but my truck pings too bad on it now.

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

YOU said it damn sand jockys are getting rich while cutting production outputs , if there not getting rich someone is . It hit a all time high today at 208.9/10 a gallon , it wasnt even that high here when 9 11 happened ........... its killing me i had planned on about 180.00 a gallon all summer and raised prices for that but over 2 bucks a gallon is price gouging and its killing me ........ the only good thing is maybe it will drive the fly by night cutters and the scrubs out of business
  8. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I have lost alot of accounts over the past year. I have been bummed out after twelve years about where my business is going. BUT, I am kinda glad through these gas prices that I am not on the hook for 100 acres of mowing.

Right now, gonna just hang in there and landscape a few customers and see what happens with gas, before going out and getting more mowing.
  9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

3.60 over here, quit whining
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we jumped from $1.97 to $2.09 today