Gas at Costco only 1.26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Our local Costco (used to be Price Club) just installed gas pumps a few months ago and has been advertising inside the store that they sell gas for 5 cents less per gallon than anyone in town. Well they were wrong. I made sure to watch all of the signs in town yesterday while I was out and the lowest price I could find was 1.35 and I got gas at Costco for 1.26. I'm still upset with the moron Democrats who can't negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag for not being able to get the Arabs to produce more oil but that's another story and soon to change with a Repub. in charge. Anyways if you have a Costco with gas pumps and haven't checked out the prices you need to do so.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I noticed at Sams Club the other night that 87 was down to $1.29. Too bad I didn't hace a gas burner as deeeeezzzzzzzzzzellllllllllis stll running around $1.60 here!

Homer

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I filled up in North Georgia last week for $120.9 and I was glad I didn't have a diesel. What a rip, eh? Diesel used to be cheaper than regular years ago. I had a few of those GM diesel cars, and loved changing out the motors!<G> One time I filtered a couple of barrels of used transmission oil and burned that as my sole source of fuel on a 1,200 mile trip. The trouble was the cost of filtering was too high compared to the cost of diesel back then. I digress...

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in Missouri and filled up for 1.19 yesterday,Iwish I had a large storage tank to get a quanity of it.Funny thing it doesn`t matter what price gas is, 1.60 or 1.19 a gal my truck guzzles it up the same.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Man,gas is still 1.61-1.65 here for 87 octane,how you guys getting it so cheap?Must be these high NY taxes.

6. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

Filled up yesterday for $1.14, diesel is $1.44.

7. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

148.9 at costco here . 3 cents lower than anybody else

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny Thing- this morning on the news they said how we will be enjoying lower prices at the pump because of surpuls supplies and while I was out went to fill the guzzler up and the price had went up 10 cents a gallon to 1.30gal.Figure this one out.

9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

It seems that all year whenever I needed a lot a fuel the price would hit it highs and afterward it would go down a few cents. I was out of sync all year. Now that I need very little it is down 30 cents from the summer.

10. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

here in La. gas is down to a $1.21and diesel a $1.44 wish it would have been that this summer