1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gas can holders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, Apr 3, 2004.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i am having trouble for a easy holder for my trailers. I need to put 2 to 4 gas cans securely, and accesible. Any ideas??
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

try greentouch.com
  4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I do not like plastic (personal - I hate fishing the spout out of the container) so I purchased metal containers and mounting brackets from AWDirect.. To see go to AWDirect - Safety Equipment - Fuel Cans, Have used the product for two years without any problems.

CHAINSAW13 LawnSite Member

I built a rack on the front of my trailer (open trailer). It's just a hair larger then the cans so they sit down in pretty tight. On either side of the rack are eyebolts. I run a bungee cord from one side thru the handles of the cans and to the other eyebolt. Never lost one single can. The other nice thing is that if gas prices get any higher I can scrap the bungee in favor of a chain and padlock. That will at least keep the honest people honest!
    Hope this helps,
  6. goat hearder

goat hearder LawnSite Member

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That must be because it comes with a can!

Actually, I didn't even look at the price. Scratch that'n off the list!:rolleyes:
  8. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

9. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

also if anyone received the 2004 spring master catalog from Northern tool, check out the new product from blitz i saw it at the GIE and it's finally on the market. its a 12 gallon fuel tank thats D.O.T approved and its made to be mounted on a trailor and it has a fuel nozzle like a gas station. it all steel and its only $99
  10. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy some wood and build your own box that will fit into a part of your trailer and stay there and can hold your gas cans.