Gas cans - my solutions

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by RaulMcCai, May 1, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

fill my mix gas first, use the pumps read out to know when i'm at 2 gal. then fill my 5 gal next which is easy to see when its full

2. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

I got my 2.5 gallon No-Spill can from Amazon for $19 shipped. It's made from very thick plastic. It's much better than even the pre-CARB cans that I used to pine for.

3. chefcam864

chefcam864 LawnSite Member

I like to use NATO Jerry cans. They are tough as hell, and pour as fast as lightning. They run about $40 for a 20L.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I have to say the flow rate on these no spill cans is impressive.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I think it would be hard to use a No Spill and then go back to any other can you used in the past. For small equipment the push button action spout is great for quick fills and less spills. I will say it is good to keep an extra spout or two on hand. I think I have about 11 No Spill cans.

I keep about six extra 5 gallons cans on hand for surplus fuel and then my trailer carries another 20 gallons worth of mix and straight gas in 2.5 & 5 gallon cans. I only like to go buy fuel once every week or week and a half.

6. birddseedd

i may buy a small one. but i still do not think ill get a big one being that i jsut take the spout off poke a hole in the top and pour into my mower, much faster.

7. chefcam864

chefcam864 LawnSite Member

8. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

9. birddseedd

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

They pour fast?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I ordered one because they're normally well north of $100, just the spouts sell for like $20 on up.
    The other reason I picked that one is because the seller's feedback is at 99.6% and that's not bad for Ebay.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013