1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gas cans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of gas cans are you guys using. These cheap ones leak more than what comes out when you use them. My ztr eats gas so I am always refilling. All I want is one that don't leak and holds gas plus can be easly fill my ztr.
  2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i use a 28 gallon gas tank, portable on wheels..... real nice, make things great when using a ztr.... b/c most ztr are 9-13.5 gallon capacity tanks.... and burn between 1.2-1.4 gallons an hr or most w/b burnin .75-1gallon an hr. .... so all you need to do is fill up once from the gas caddy a day.... gas cady will last for multiple days at a time, which is great minimize trips to gas stations. example the 28gallon caddy will fuel you for about 24hrs or 3days so if your working 5days a week all you need to do is make 2trips a week to gas stations..... depending on how far your gas station is this could pay for the caddy itself a season......

i use it for my boat 2 which is great, mine was given to me for free from my uncle b/c he moved to mississippi and sold his boat, which he used the caddy for

I hope this link works..... :cool:

3. A+ Lawncare

oh by the way the gas caddy is just like a fuel pump at the gas station so no more spills or struggles, never touch an 5gallon gas tank again in ur life my friend :)
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

You must be talking about the ones from Blitz. High quality junk is what they are.
  5. A+ Lawncare

has any1 else ever used something similar to an gas caddy... .what do u guys think of it?

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

if someone ever GIVES ME ONE, i'll be sure to let ya know...who the hell BUYS a 400 dollar gas can?
  7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

use gerry cans...

check out www.bradshawwelding.com .. I think thats the site they sell rack mounts for the trailers as well...
  8. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I use a jerry can also. If you go to a gun show or military surplus auction you can find nice olive drab cans and spouts for cheap. Give them the rattle can red treatment and you're good to go. These things are nearly indestructible and use a rubber or cork gasket to seal the mouth of the can. I have never had one leak.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

What is a redneck gas can
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the blitz pull and pour cans. I recently purchased 13 of them. (last to be found)