1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas Cans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dreich3075, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dreich3075

dreich3075 LawnSite Member
    from Ct

Anyone ever find the old style gas cans? Not the C.A.R.B compliant ones. The ones that works just fine. Before the government jumped in and had to take control of something else.

Overseas maybe?
  2. igotdiesel2

igotdiesel2 LawnSite Member

I haven't seen one in the stores forever. I have gutted the valve necks on the new ones and they work as the old ones did, just doesn't flow as fast. -Jason
  3. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

4. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

i seen a older 5 gal plastic blitz can go for 35 dollars last week at a farm auction they had some others there they were all bringing at least 20 bucks, thank you EPA
  5. Southside Lawn Services

Southside Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I have 8 of them from our motorcross racing days for the generator. I never thought of using them on the trailer. Is it worth shipping if you want them?
  6. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a couple of old ones left that are going to be in need of replacement soon. I will either be finding the old style somewhere or modifying the new ones, b/c the new ones drive me crazy. Thank you EPA for costing me more money and making my job harder.
  7. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

8. crete

crete LawnSite Member

I would scoop on those in a heartbeat if the offer is still open. Terry
  9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i just use whatever the local lowes sells. the only problem i have with them is the no venting.
  10. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

To bad the ones, Macaw posted are the Canada listed products,,, :( on that site go to products, and see the US one's are EPA compliant. I bet California started all this chit to begin with,,, When is that liberal he11 hole gonna fall off in the ocean?