Gas Cap Leaking

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tezzy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 52/20 FasTrak about 60 days ago. I love the mower but both gas tanks are leaking out the caps. Filled less than 2/3 full and still have same problem. I can just park it outside and the gas will leak out the caps. Anyone else having this problem? I thought the gas cap leaking was an old problem that had been resolved.

2. rharper

rharper LawnSite Member

I purchased my 52/20 about the same time and am having the same problem.

Roger

3. fel

fel LawnSite Member
    from Jax Fl

I had the same problem, go to your dealer and advise them of the problem, they will give you some replacements. I have had no problems since I changed mine out..

4. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

Did they replace with a different type of cap or did they just give you new ones of the same cap?

5. fel

fel LawnSite Member
    from Jax Fl

It was a different type of cap than what was on there, but it works fine, no leaks since I replaced them..

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you have gas coming out your caps, call your dealer immediately and get new caps.

Pj

7. tezzy

tezzy LawnSite Member

Went to dealer to get new gas caps. Dealer took two off a new mower that was sitting on the showroom floor? They were the exact same cap. Is the fix a different style cap or just keep trying the same ones till you find some that don't leak?

8. smokeb4fire374

smokeb4fire374 LawnSite Member
    from va

I have a 52/24 and my gas caps leak bad. I have advised my dealer about it 3 weeks ago and still have no answer on getting the new ones.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your information (model and serial #'s too) along with your dealers information and I will make sure your taken care of.

Pj

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The replacement caps look a bit different, we had a few different ones, and a couple looked alike.
    If these still leak, make sure your dealer gets new ones from his distributor.

Pj