Gas Dicounts? Fleet Cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DooleyPyne, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Very very true....

2. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Two ways to look at it. And I do both...
    My lawn crews fill up at a the local gas station and he cuts me a 3% discount for paying him with a check vs. credit card...
    Me and my other crews fill up wherever and use the. Credit card and bank on points or miles to use later on whatever I see fit.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You can think that, but you should research gas pricing and then you'll have an idea of what part of your $250k is "keeping them in business".

Once Corbett's transportation bill passes today, you'll probably want to start forecasting for a nice rise in pricing, as well. .28 over 5 years.

4. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but a local landscaping company barters with a local fuel delivery place (oil, diesel fuel & they have onsite gasoline), they do the landscaping to a certain extent & they get a significant discount on price of fuel for all of their commercial equipment.

5. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My gf works for a c store and handles alot of the fuel mixtures, blends, credit, codes, costs, etc. While 250k for gas is alot, to the store you are probably a fraction of a percent to them.....then when you factor in profit you arent worth spit to them. You would just be waisting the guys time just talking to him about it. Just get an Amex business card and get 3% off that way.
    Now if all your guys go into the store and buy alot everyday you are worth something to him!
    Posted via Mobile Device