Gas Hedge Clippers

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jblawns123, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

What do you use and why?

I have had the same Echo HC-1500 for many years and they are about ready for replacing. Since I see Echo quality has gone down hill I will go with something else. I pretty much have any brand dealer close by for parts.

2. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

we have 2 stihls and one echo there's good and bad things about both. They both do the job so it may come down to dealer service even though there is very little to service on trimmers.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo HC 150i is what I use, I use nothing but Echo handheld equipment, I'm sure somewhere along the line I will eventually bite into a lemon but this is the way of any piece of equipment IMO. I have had no problems with any Echo equipment that I have purchased in the last year, and I purchased a fairly large amount.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Tanaka brand clippers. I like them I suppose, nothing to compare them too, never used any other brand! I used mine to trim about everything green, lol. They work wonders on any kind of ornamental grasses in the spring!!!

5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have three Stihl HS 80, they are a little heavy but have a lot of power. Two of ours have the 30" bar and one has the 24". The Stihl HS 80 and HS 45 are the only products I have used so I cant really compare.

6. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

If your not using redmax hedge trimmers then your missing out!! I used echo complete garbage! but you get what you pay for