Gas Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by j.p.landscaping, Jul 21, 2004.

1. j.p.landscaping

j.p.landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey, what are you guys running for gas hedge trimmers????

I am a die hard Little Wonder fan but just their electrics, not their gas. In fact I have never used a set of gas trimmers. I feel that there too heavy and bulky however one of my landscaping buddies wants to sub out some of his trim work to me because he's already way behind on his maintenance. I'm going to look at all the accounts tomorrow but he already warned me that I'll need gas trimmers for a few. Now he told me I could just use his trimmers but I figure I'm going to need to get a set of gas ones anyway. I want light but powerful!!! I'm open to echo, redmax, shindaiwa, little wonder or stihl. Because I love using my Little Wonder electrics so much I was thinking of just using a portable generator on jobs where electrical access was'nt present. Does that sound stupid???

2. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

once you use a good set of gas trimmers, you will never EVER go back.

i have echo's 1700 model.. it works great for me. i like the pole cause it makes it easy to balance, and on small shrubs you dont have to bend over as much.
  3. M Raggs Yard Service

M Raggs Yard Service LawnSite Member

This set-up has worked very well for me.

18 in. Echo

30 in. Stihl w/rotating handle

0-90 degree Stihl trimmer on a Stihl fs 85
  4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

stihl all the way. have two sets of stihls and bought a set of echo's off a guy really cheap this spring and that helped me decide to never by echo a trimmer.
  5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

40" shins. Dont need a ladder anymore.
  6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Redd Maxx all the way!!!
  7. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

I can't see using gas trimmers for 2 big reasons...

More weight
    Fumes in my face all day....