Gas In The Oil

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by BZS MAN, Jun 1, 2004.

1. BZS MAN

BZS MAN LawnSite Member

JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 03' LAZER Z HP CHANGED THE OIL RIGHT AFTER I GOT IT AND AFTER USING FOR 2HRS THE OIL HAS A VERY STRONG SCENT OF GAS IN THE OIL. MOTOR RUNS GOOD BUT I HAVE A FRIEND WITH THE SAME MOWER AND HIS IS DOING THE SAME THING AND NOW HIS IS LOSING COMPRESSION. ANY IDEAS WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

ALSO I WANTED TO KNOW WHY IN THE MIDDLE OF MOWING SEASON NO EXMARK DEALER HAS A BAGGING SYSTEM IN STOCK OR CAN EVEN GET ONE FOR 30-60 DAYS.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

BZS Man,

Generally when I see gas in the oil it often an indication of a carburetor problem. I would recommend getting the mower into your dealer for inspection.

When doing a compression test most of us will not get an accurate reading because of the compression release valve.

I checked on the current bagger delivery time and due to some extremely high sales numbers we are behind in production at this time. We do however hope to have the baggers there quicker than the 30-60 day time frame.

Thanks,

Terry

3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Check the needle and seat on the carb. Or check to make sure the carburetor float doesn't have a hole in it. If it is holding liquid, it could be making it too heavy so that it can't float up and block off the fuel supply.