Gas mileage info, neat site...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gogetter, Oct 17, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Thanks for that site Jon..... at least now I know that my Fords really are suppposed to get the miserable mpg they get.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

says my mustang gets 17mpg hmmm im lucky to get 8mpg

4. GarPA

from PA

and I'm lucky to get 10 with the Ford pups...no trailer...all city driving though

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Some people tell the truth about mpg-Others spout off crazy stuff and expect people to believe it.When I read about 1 tons getting 23mpg,they go on my ignore list.By the way, my f350 gets 7 pullin trailer.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Oh, and if anyone is like me and didn't notice it the first time, it is customizable. The numbers didn't seem right at first, then I realized you can customize the price of gas, total miles driven each year, and the percentages of city and highway driving.

Once I changed those figures, I got much more accurate (and depressing) numbers.:cry:

7. GarPA

from PA

Depressing is the right word...may I add disgusting as well.

Now that we can finally catch our breath a little, I ran some expense numbers for the year and the truck fuel costs gave me a major headache. Next years contracts will clearly include a fuel adjustment surcharge clause. If big bad UPS can add them like they did this year, little ol me can sure as heck can....and will