1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas Mileage, What Truck, Motor, Towing trailer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Aug 29, 2005.

1. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

yup. smokewagon=deezel
  2. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

I have a 1997 dodge 2500 that get about9 miles per gallon i'm looking to get a foreign dump truck i thinking isuzu npr or a mitsubishi dump with 4X4. i'm assuming they get good milege since there 4 and 6cyc. anyone have one if so what do you think about them and how many miles do you get per gallon. and do you plow with it thanks :cool2:
  3. Copper Moon

Copper Moon LawnSite Member

I know that mit has a pretty nice body-over truck. You can get it in the 4 cylinder desiel with 4 wheel drive. Its a powerful truck and has a lot of weight capacity. Its also great for plowing. Last winter we got 4 feet of heavy snow and it was one of the only trucks that could push it besides a front end loader.
  4. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

5. D&F lawnmaster

D&F lawnmaster LawnSite Member

I bought a 2012 Ford F350, FX4, dully, 6.7. I pull a 24' Enclosed trailer that has two Exmark Lazer Z and a Bad Boy in it and i am getting 14 mpg. I had a 2009 F350 that was getting around 8, but that was a 6.4. When i am not pulling this trailer i am getting 19 mpg. Ford with the new 6.7 is the way to go.

2012 Ford F350, FX4
    2012 Bad Boy Outlaw XP 61"
    2010 Exmark New Lazer Z (junk) 60"
    2009 Exmark Lazer Z 60"
    2008 Horton Hauler 24' Enclosed Trailer
    All Red Max Blowers, Weed Eaters and Edgers