Gas/Mower Travia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 25, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Okkkk, heres a lil question for yall to see what you think. Ok. What do you think youll burn more gas with and have to refil first. If you have a mower with a 6 hp kawi engine and it hold one gallon of gas and then you have a bigger mower with a lets say 15 hp kawi engine with a 5 gallon tank. What mower do you think youd fill first. Cause if you think about it, with the smaller mower you dont have the same amunt of hp 2 keep running but you have a smaller tank, but then with the bigger mower you have a bigger tank but then you have a bigger engine and bigger blade or blades 2 spin. Orrrr do you think youd break even.

I was thinkin of this when I was mowing. I usually day dream when I mow, best time to think about crazy things cause your by urself and can think without interuptions.

Sooooo with ALL that said, what do you think is the answer. I dont have a clue, I personally think they would break even with each other. But give me some insight.

2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i think you should think about women or fishin or somethin simple.

3. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

I think his brain got waterlogged from Katrina,or got bit by a rattlesnake.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO yeahhhhhhhh. I have a girlfriend. I love fishin actually my dad and i went last monday, was fun but super hot. I jus thought about it, come on now, what yall thing. And for katrina, i actually evacuated to arkansas and then to livonia right outside baton rouge. and then back to my house when we was fixin it. it wasnt fun at allllll. but now we have a gorgous(spellin?) house

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I have to fill a 5g 36" every other day - so maybe 13-15 hours of actual run time?? Back in the days when I only ran a 21" off a 1 gallon tank (2-stoke, though), I could run pretty close to the same.

But that's apples and oranges I think. B/C my average lawn is $32.

Big mower with one tank = 30 lawns = $960 (for $20 in fuel)

Little mower with one tank = 16 lawns = $512 (for $4 in fuel)...

Obviously there are faaaarrr more factors than just gasoline (my big mower is waaaaaay more costly to purchase and maintain) - but it's not so much more expensive that it'll offset the $450 daily difference. Not to mention the fact that with the big mower I get to ride a sulky and don't have to walk and sweat a marathon every day...

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Ok after filling up both my mowers and letting them run at full throttle tonight the 21inch stalled first. Lol just kidding, but I think my 36" will last longer that the 21" but the 21" only has like a .58 gal tank. so all in all to answer your question they would probably be about the same

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

all I know is my F#*#* fuel bill was over 8g this month. OUCH. big mowers, big bills. :)

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

How many mowers and trucks etc did that include? I run 1 truck and 2 60" zero turns and had a little over $1000 last month. I'm cutting corners too.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

ok let me see If I got it right.....

I have 5.00 in my pockett. I can get a sandwitch and a drink.

Or I can get 3 tacos and a drink.....

so your Question is.... whitch turd will be darker ?

10. 1st Choice

1st Choice LawnSite Member

depends wich machine stays on the trailer more:cool2: