gas/oil mix ratio....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jun 1, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hi guys. Just got a new Husky stick edger. Owners manual says to use a 50:1 gas oil mixture.
    All my other stuff uses 40:1. Do I need to get a seperate can for this husky, or can I just run the 40:1 stuff in it?
    Or maybe meet in the middle and run 45:1 in everything?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. John from OH

John from OH LawnSite Member

Switch to one of the one mix oils. You will eliminate the trouble of using the wrong mix in the wrong piece of equipment. We have used Optimol in all of our 2 cycle equipment since the mid '80's.
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

If you run all 40:1, You'll just have to clean the exhaust port more often in the edger.
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

We use Amsoil 100:1 in all of our 2 cycle equipment with no problems.
  5. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Husky 61 series chainsaw, it said 50:1, however I still run 40:1 for years with no problems. If you are running 50:1 or higher just make sure you are using a high quality synthetic. Normally I buy I2Pro mix, however there are many others to choose from. Some 2 cycle oil suppliers will double your engine warranty period if you use their oil from the very begin when you buy new machines.
  6. Randy

Randy LawnSite Member

Just puting in my two cents.I run 32:1 ratio for many years and have had good luck with it.I's more than what it calls for,but it lubs it and helps it stay cool.It's more oil then my equipment needs.But it gets very hot and sticky here.So give it all the help it can get.Randy