1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas/oil ratio for old Echo trimmer and Mantis tiller...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mkwl, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have acquired an old (like 70's or 80's) Echo SRM 200 BE string trimmer, and a Mantis (90's?) mini tiller. What is the correct mix ratio for each one of these models? I don't want to cook the engines if the ratio isn't 50:1 (what the ret of my 2 cycle equip runs on).

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I only run Amsoil 80 to 1 ratio in every two stroke I own. I don't want you guys to bash me but I believe it's the best. I have been using it since about 1977. I also run Amsoil in my Honda Pilot and Kohler engines. I think 50 to 1 mineral oil mix would be fine in those two units.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure on the ratio Matt, But I have been using this; http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=154 for over 15 yrs. without any problems at all. With the stabilizer already added some of my equipment has sat in my shop over 10 mos. and cranks 2nd or 3rd pull.

This stuff is great for people that have multi ratio equipment, They are reduced to one fuel can for ALL air cooled 2 cycles.
  4. KLM service

KLM service LawnSite Member

Matt, I have a SRM210 purchased in the early/mid 80's and the ratio is 50 / 1.
  5. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

all echo equiptment runs 50:1 even if the manual from the 70s says 20:1. I called the echo technical support about an old chainsaw i had.