Gas Pole Pruner

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JWinFL, Oct 29, 2005.

1. JWinFL

JWinFL LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any recommendations what to look for or to stay away from brands.size etc, for a gas pole pruner?the one that has like a mini chain saw blade on the end. thanks for any input

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have a new Cub Cadet pole saw and it works great. I used it today on our own property.:waving:

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We run shin and redmax split booms edger, trimmer, pole saw, i love this setup saves room and money.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think he's talking along the lines of a bigger pole pruner, not one of the splitboom size.
    I have the power-pruner by Echo. I can't say enough good things about this machine. It is just simply awesome. It has a 12" bar, and just rips through the stuff. This thing is a sure moneymaker. Mine paid for itself (and then some) in about a weekend. The thing I like about the Echo is that it fires right up and I don't have to fight and fuss with it like all my Stihl equipment.

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have the Echo too and it gets used very infrequently, it will set for month's then get used and it has recieved little to no service work, its about 4 yrs old now. I think they have come down in price I paid about 1,200 back then good machine.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! I never knew this thing even SOLD for that much! I paid about 550 for mine when I got it, and that was around 4-5 years ago. I almost bought the Stihl, but I liked the handle of the Echo, It had a little bit longer reach, and the Stihl only had a 10" bar at that time.

7. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i have still thats is five years old and runs great ive also used a paulan and a few others they worked good but they didnt last as long so if you plan on using it a lot id go with still or echo they be there when you need. i not trying to knock anyone opinion but it kinda like using a yardman cutting
    large lawns it will be slow and youll be buying a new one in 2 months .my motto is buy qualtity not quanity when it can be afforded

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I'll second the Echo Power Pruner. Very nice piece of equipment. They're going for around $599 these days. I also have a Stihl KM110 with the saw attachment, but it doesn't have nearly the reach of the Echo.