Gas powered bp sprayer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jws3, Mar 18, 2001.

1. jws3

jws3 LawnSite Member

I got a call to bid some broadleaf control, well needless to say, this is the most miserable place I've ever seen. It has no access to get my hose in to use my tank sprayer,plus it is too steep to use granular and a spreader. So I'm figuring back pack sprayer. I bid extra high to actually not have to do it, but they just smiled and said go ahead, as did 2 neighbors with similiar yards.I know these gas powered backpack sprayers are 5-6 hundred, but after a spring and fall application on these 3 places it will be paid for.Echo,Solo.....any others. Thanks in advance and all help greatly appreciated.

2. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Look at Maruyama, they have a bp sprayer that you can also get an optional cart to wheel it around. A little on the expensive side, but they have been in the sprayer and pump buisness for years. Excellent quality product.

3. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

As for me, I'm not too lazy to use a little elbow grease and manually pump it. I thought purchasing one, but the prices drove me away. I can get my solo backpacks for right under $80.00, so as long as my arm isn't broke, I don't mind using the manual pump. Now if I was in the position to use the spayer on a daily basis, I probably would buy one though,

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have also noticed they make 12 volt B/P sprayers. You are supposed to get around 3 tanks out of one battery. This is another option. I have never owned either one, but I have noticed the mosquito control guys use the 2 cycle B/P sprayers around here. They would be the best choice if you have to go through several tanks a day like they do.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

stihl makes one two. it has a tank on top of the br400. not sure about price, but the backpack itself is 400.

6. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

I use an Echo BP and am very happy with it. I use it for spraying trees. It gives me far more range than a hand pumped back pack. Very noisy. I would think for weed control it might be a bit much but you could shoot the spray a long distance although spray drift could be a problem