Gas powered edgers (not trimmers)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rick_dallas, May 8, 2005.

1. rick_dallas

rick_dallas LawnSite Member

I'm looking for recommendations for a gas powered edger (not a trimmer/weed eater). My lot is 1 acre AND on the corner so I have lots of curb and sidewalk to edge. I have a weedeater but it's WAY too much work to carry that around that far for me.
    I prefer something with a Honda engine as my experience with them has been good. I also want an edger that can "adjust" so that I can edge my curb. In my younger days, I had an edger that the wheels pivoted such that one wheel rode in the street and the other was up on the curb and the edger was level. Haven't found too many of those around lately.
    This is for my yard only but I like to have quality stuff.

So, let's hear those recommendations!!

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

McClane @ Home Depo

3. rick_dallas

Thanks! I'll check them out tomorrow!

Rick

4. rick_dallas

So far, haven't found that carries Mclane in Dallas TX. Mclanes web site says that Home Depot, Sears and Lowes carries their product. Could be but I've visited many of these stores and they don't have any. I called Mclane and they didn't know who had any either.

Think I'll have to look for another brand. Still looking for suggestions.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That must be some company if they can't tell you where to find their products. :dizzy:

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Go to www.keemowers.com ,These are one of the best on the market, And they offer the honda engine. We sell their mowers also,There is also a dealer locator.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

8. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

$26 later, it runs like a champ. Not bad for a 1986 model.

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Maybe I should clarify. The used Wards/McLane was a good edger just never used it. Used a trimmer instead.

10. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

I never heard of Mclane till I got this one. I was just shocked how well this old thing works.

The walk behind style is great for overgrown stuff, but once you've ran it through for the year, a stick edger is much, much faster.