1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Billz, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a gas powered hedge trimmer, what are the best ones? I saw an Echo one today for $399... is that the standard price? it seemed high...
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I love my shindaiwa 40" hedge trimmers. Couldn't live with out them. $600 Canadian.
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: we have 4- 30" single sided redmax and wouldnt trade'em for the world. $359.00 each
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i have an echo hcr-1500 i got on tuesday, and i LOVE IT!!! it has the swivel handle which helps ALOT. its great, i paid 300 plus tax.
  5. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

i like my echo also
  6. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a hs80 stihl a couple of weeks ago. It has a 30inch cut and a swivle handle. I really like it, but the thing is heavy. I do some bush trimming, and wanted a really good one around for the few jobs I do, and for any future jobs I get. Most of my customers use companies who do nothing but landscaping work for their bushes, fine with me as I hate trimming them, but will do some. I picked mine up for 359 plus tax and got them to throw in a brick of stihl highperformance 2cyl mix for 2.5gal gas cans.
  7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm switching from my gas hedge trimmers to a generator + electric trimmers.
  8. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Why are you doing that?
  9. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

we have 2 of the echo hcr 1500's and love them, this week we just got a new echo hca 260 and that is one of the nicest tools i ever have used my back loves it paid 409 + tax god i love russo power equipment
  10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you doing that?

Have you ever held a pair of electric hedge trimmers for an hour after holding gas hedge trimmers? A heckuva lot easier to use.