Gas Powered water pump

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by MarcSmith, Aug 1, 2005.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Folks I'm looking for a small gas powered water pump....I have seen some that were two-stroke, powered by a string trimmer motor, but I can't for the life of me remember were I saw them....

I am lookingf or something smallish and easily movable, we have the occasional pond/fountain to clean or storm drain to pump out to clean..

TIA

2. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

$249.99 @ Northerntool.com

3. MarcSmith

do you have one? I found another at Amleonard Tanaka Powered 2stroke for 413, and I another from Dexin, a Duro power DP1515 for 149....But Ive never heard of Dutropower before....But for 149 bucks its almost disposable at that point.... I do like the 2stroke better, less chance for the guys to forget to check the oil...http://www.duropower.com/

4. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

NO..I got the 11hp Honda trash pump. Never tried 2-stroke.

5. MarcSmith

Ive used the large honda pumps as well, but i wante something really portable for the "small jobs" I think the northern tool and the Duropower pump could handle a little bit of Silt/soil better tha my electric pump. Nice thing is that the Duropower is 1.5" output and at 65 pgm max woud make short work of small koi ponds and fountains.

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I got an older honda 5hp one. Not to heavy and not bad at all to move around. I think I paid 50 for it on ebay and had to replace the plastic valves and a hose bib

7. DKinWA

DKinWA LawnSite Member

Honda has some pretty small portable pumps. I've seen them on fire trailers (logging sites) for refilling the water tank. I don't know if they're 2 cycle or how much they pump, but they sure were small and light weight. What about a small electric submersible? It might be easier, but you'd definitely need access to power.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Check with Mark from Tanaka. Their pump looks pretty solid. I have seen those small pumps range anywhere between 125.00 and 450.00. It just depends on how much use and abuse you are going to throw its way. Commercially, I would go with Tanaka or Honda products in those 1" pumps over the generic ones. Seals and bearing types differ greatly in pump manufacturers, and as with everything else, you get what you pay for..lol. There are a good many on Ebay right now as well.

9. MarcSmith

We have several small electic pumps, but like you said I need power, so Im stuck running electric cord, or carying a generator around. Id rather just have one thing to lug around, and besides the electric pumps won't handle larger particulate matter....

Two of the pumps I was looking at are 1.5" intake and 1.5" out.... thus more volume....I agree, in some cases you get what you pay for....in other case, you are buying a name...I just need to decide what the case is here...

10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Echo made one too. I cant recall the model, but I think its a 1" inlet/outlet on it.