Gas Price Going Down?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Littleriver1, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I see gas prices going down. So those of you that charged more per cut , are you going to lower your rate? If you do and the gas price goes back up will you charge more, again? ;) ;)
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Price increases this spring already had fuel cost increase figured in. We also have a fuel surcharge , per cut, that is in the contract regardless if gas goes down to 1.00 a gallon or over 3.00 a gallon. So, no , we will not lower the price based on the market, which is shaky at best...
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

gas is still on the rise around these parts.... my gas surcharge will remain in place through out the season regardless of price.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well it went down this week, then went back up the next day, and then went back down today..go figure

Even OPEC said they were going to increase the production of 1.1 million barrels a day, but the government says that won't ease gas prices. What gives? Someone is making a lot of money out of this deal
  5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Don't get your hopes up. I doubt very much that you'll see gas for much less than $2 per gallon any time soon. The oil companies have us where they want us and they'll come up with every excuse you can think of to keep the price high. Broken refineries, broken pipelines, not enough capacity... it's all a bunch of BS lies.
  6. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Could possibly be due to the Fact the United States has not had an energy policy for three years?
    Naw, the Oil Co's just want to gouge us, yeah, that makes WAY more sense.