Gas prices $7 a gallon

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpel2004, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well guys the price of gas has increased every year since Bush has been in office(that's another story). Its a safe bet that gas prices will hit 5, 6 or even 7 a gallon within the next few years, regardless of who's in office. In Europe I think they pay 10 or more for a gallon of fuel. How are you planning to deal with the price increase and what do you think your customers will choose? Everything will increase, many third world countries are felling it right now, with food prices. I know many of the elder LCO have been through this before in the early 80's. I'm wondering how to plan and manage this particular crisis?

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

you imply bush is directly responcible for it then say it will most likely continue to rise even if he is out. so are you blaming him?? i really dont care either way but to me its more useless thread about nothing. yes gas prices are rising and how do you think people will deal with it, the same way they have responded to this same question thread after thread. most will raise their prices and others claim they will try and cut spending which doesnt make much sence to me. if they could cut spending now and make more wouldnt they??

3. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Europe doesn't produce as much gas as we do and also does not consume as much, meaning it costs more to import it and there is less demand. thats why their gas is so high.

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

sure its bushes fault for not doing more. Fight to build more refinerys fight for more drilling. Well I tried congress said no. He is a horrible President in managing finacial affairs.

This man has bankrupt three businesses and one he was bailed out by the Saudi princes, So its no wonder why he lets opec dictate everything. whats going on is a travesty, they control supply then dictate prices yea thats legal huh? Worst President since Carter. You want the economy to bounce back roll back the gas tax get gas down to 1.89 a gallon and you will see a reived economy overnight.

Stop letting utilitys raise prices when they already were making a profit. Good example first energy raised their rates as much as 30% in one year. There profit 1 billion dollars last year alone. GREED OVER NEED. So please do not patronize us like Bush had nothing to do with any of this.

Why does bush want all these higher utilitys because they will pay higher taxes to pay for the his war. Sorry for the rant I just cannot believe I voted twice for him.

5. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe we should repeal with the 22rd ammendment and re-elect Bill Clinton.

6. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

You do realize that OPEC only produces about 1% of oil right? They have very little say so about price anymore. People are just ignorant and think that they do like they did years ago. The U.S. is actually the second highest producer.

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If Congress would mandate a 60 m.p.h.national speed limit with severe mandatory fines for violators, fuel prices would drop 33% in 90 days.

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

battery power has become cutting edge and if there are some manufacturers out there that can design an electric motor to handle the abuse, this could be the future.

You would have to charge your mowers every night like a fork truck that is battery powered.

This is where I see the industry going with the rising fuel costs, and emmisions regulations.

9. skeet

skeet LawnSite Member

4/15/2008 $3.21

10. RHill

RHill LawnSite Member

Hey Matt, I hate to differ with you, but OPEC supplies about 36 percent of the total oil market

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.