Gas prices and lowballers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Aug 15, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do you think it will sink alot of them?? Or do you think they can go lower??
    John

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Like a drought JG...gonna thin out the herd IMO.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, which means an even HIGHER demand in a year where for me, demand is already sky high, and I learned from opec what this means is Higher prices, more money, more money, and more money.

payup + payup + payup + payup = :)

4. John Gamba

from ct

LOLOL Howdy Mr Rodfather :waving:

5. John Gamba

from ct

YAHHOOOOOO :cool2:

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

It isn't going to hurt them a bit. They can use a little of the extra cash they have from not paying taxes to offset the gas prices. They could prob. endure more than we could..lol sad to say..

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Well if it stays dry too much longer it could get rid of some of them coupled with the high cost of fuel........we'll see, less competition is always o.k. with me and the bank...... :cool2:

8. Metro Lawn

I hate to ask, but what is the issue "if it stays dry like this anymore" and the like have to do with anything? Dry is good. Cutting is easy. No overtime. Less abuse to the equipment. I don't see what eveybody is talking about.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

No money being made when the the 21" "lawnboys" aren't cutting...............

10. Metro Lawn

I still don't get it. Don't even tell me that you don't cut or let a customer tell you not to cut if the lawn is dry and not growing. That is why we use contracts. This is our job. I tell the customers that myself and my guys depend on this job to make a living. I ask them if they would work for a company that told them they could work this week but not the next? They say no, and I ask them then why do you expect us to if you wouldn't?