1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GAS prices going thru the roof!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heavenly Green, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

I wasn't planning on raising many prices this year but I just paid $1.89 per gallon for diesel fuel and was told by the attendant that they will be up to $2.25 by this weekend and as high as $3 by summer. Now if we declare war on Iraq we could be paying as much as $4 to $5 per gallon.
    On lets say a $25 lawn what should the price be to cover the gas increase I'm thinking $28 or $30.:confused:
  2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Fuel prices are going up but you have protected yourself by having a fuel surcharge laid out in your contractsÂ…Â…..right?

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

UHHHH....why were you listening to the gas attendant? He makes about $6/hour. I think he's been sniffing a few too many gas fumes. Remember the 1st Gulf War? Gas went up for several weeks then went straight back to where they were. Just 2 years ago the price was lower than before the 1st Gulf War. Lets just hope that we get Sadaamit this time. Lets also hope that there are NO U.S. casualties.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa...and I was b****ing to myself this morning about paying $1.73 a gallon for diesel:angry:
  5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

It's just that time of year again...those oil producing nations know that our lush lawns will need to be cut soon. They are just jealous because all they have is sand. :p
  6. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

There saying it will go up but don't know.. I went by a few stations today on my way the shop and the one I buy my fuel at was $1.71 a gallon. Then on way home I wanted to stop and fuel in case it went up over weekend.. Well it went down, $1.65 a gallon. BOY, I was shocked it went down..

There trying to scare us with all the B.S. there saying..

But if prices do go up charge 2% increase on total bill. I did in 2001 oand had no complaints.
  7. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

I read that the AAA is saying that gas prices shouldn't be going up and that most gas companies are price gouging. If it keeps going up, looks like there's gonna be "H" to pay around here for the gas copmanies.
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Well if ALL they have is sand -- then maybe it'd be a GREAT way to make some extra $$$ installing Floratram Lawns for them -LOL!!
  9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

This was on the new last night. They were talking with a guy who was saying that even though gas stations are price gouging that there's really nothing they can do to really prove it and take action agaist the price gouges.
  10. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I remember that part. There was something about how the gas companies are scared of the future so they're increasing prices as a result that they think they have to increase their prices to purchase the crude oil.