Gas Prices Going Up

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kory landscaping, Mar 3, 2005.

1. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

I just heard gas prices are to jump .26 to .30 a gallon, were paying $1.92 in northeastern Ohio now. There jumping to $2.18 to $2.22, what is everyone else paying.

2. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

$1.88 the last time I filled up (last week).

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's coming far the Futures Market and with oil prices so up and down you can't put any faith in that. Heck the prices here have actually gone down in the past week and I just paid $1.77 today

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I got lucky yesterday and found it for 1.67 along 1-71 in Columbus.This station is known to have low prices every once and awhile. Everyone else was at 1.89. Don't know what the prices are today.

5. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I just heard oil hit 54 dollars a barrel Today. I am sure that is not going to help any... We have to get rid of these greenie weenies and go drill in alaska.

6. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

I can believe that one day prices are 1.75 a gallon the next day it's 2.10 a gallon. Then the next day it's 1.93 a gallon. Somebodies getting rich and it's not you or I.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not worried about fuel prices right now, but around Memorial Day I will be...got a feeling they will go ballistic about then.

8. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Gas is anywhere from $2.10 to $2.45 for regular and diesel is $2.59 to $2.89 here. I looking for a few empty drums to fill up and store in my shed.
    I think it is a bunch of crap. The Arabs are punishing us for Iraq and Afganistan, plus the refineries are only at 89.3% of capacity right now. I read the market report and they are saying crude could hit $80 a 42 gallon barrel before the end of summer. That should help screw some of our markets this year!

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

paying $2.04 here right now. Was up at $2.12 last week

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We're under 2 bucks a gallon for both gas and diesel...probably because we have big refineries here in NJ, otherwise :dizzy: