Gas Prices Hit Home . . .

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, May 20, 2008.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday I filled my two gallon two cycle can and i guess it must have been the first time it really hit me - it cost $7.28 - TWO GALLONS OF GAS - we used to fill our cars up for $10.00 - Don't get me wrong - putting $75 in the truck hurts - hell it's plain painful - but when I put those two gallons in that tiny little gas can and the meter said $7.28 - well - i think i may have cussed a little

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I filled up my brush mower and a 4 gallon can.......... well needless to say Im gonna hire that 20$ per cut feller to cut my grass LOL

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, some gas purchases catch your attention more than others. I decided to take the Ranger up to the corner station Thursday night and fill up two five gallon containers so I wouldn't have to worry about it Friday morning. Five gallons for the Exmark, five gallons for the Super Duty. $38.70. That one just struck me. Basically enough gas to get by for a light Friday.

4. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

My ten litre 2 stroke gas can costs $13 to fill here in Canada and now that I have a br600, I'm filling it up a lot more, LOL.

5. Keith

That's one thing I can say has gotten better. I had several Shindaiwa EB6200's that drank fuel like it was going out of style. The Redmax EBZ7001's just seem to sip it. I swear, they use 1/3 the fuel the Shindaiwas did.

6. Keith

Edit: That was EB630's on the Shindaiwa blowers, not EB6200, as in Redmax. But I had one of those too, and it ate fuel just like the 630.

7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean...I filled up a five gallon can of diesel for my skid steer yesterday, almost 25 bucks...I don't know why, but that struck me...I never used to worry about fuel, now, I am constantly thinking of ways to reduce my fuel use.

8. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

$350 to fill up my Chevy 3500 dump truck, 3 gas cans and a tiger cub on Monday. Will do it again on Thursday.

9. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

i heard that brother, i heard that

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Fill one Lazer and it's $42. I used to fill the whole TRAILER for that! Just to fill one mower, a can, a mixed can, and put a little in the truck, and there goes 100 bucks.