Gas prices....How high can it GO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Davis, May 9, 2004.

1. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

We must pass the cost of fuel ($1.92 per gallon..) on to the customer.....What kind of problem will this cause? I have seen the prices changes (up-ward) at Wal-Mart due to fuel cost etc....and no problems

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I would say that depends on the individuals and how you present the information to them.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, Just paid $2.00 a gallon to fill up myself. :mad: :angry:

4. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

It will cause many problems throughout the world. it ripples down to the consumer

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

In the end , WE the consumer pay for ALL of the increases in prices for products and services due to higher fuel costs. The past week its been going up every other day..and we're not even into the peak driving season starting next month

6. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

Village Pump always higher than Highway Station yesterday:

.84 per litre 5.46 litres per US Gallon $1.79 exchange rate:

.84*5.46=4.58*1.79=$8.20 if I am right!

7. BackAcreFarm

BackAcreFarm LawnSite Member

It's about 3.8 liters/US gallon. Still makes it almost $5.70(USD) per US gallon.

8. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The problem will be you mite lose a customer or two if you go up on your price because of gas.

I just got two new customers this week because there old guy tryed to charge them there weekly mowing price plus a gas charge.

gas here is $2.01 per gallon

9. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah gas is killing me but i'm not sure if I want to start boosting prices yet.
    1.83 Gas
    1.64 Diesel

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If gas hits $2.50 a gallon I'll be increasing prices by about $2 per visit. My prices are based on gas at $1.50 per gallon. I use about 2.4 gallons per customer each week. A $1.00 per gallon increase means it's costing me $2.40 more each week per customer or about $10 per month each. If the customer quits...so be it. I can't afford to lose $10 per month on each customer. There are too many lawn care customers out there who will pay a little more each week to cover higher gas prices. The intelligent customers understand this. I have a full schedule and about 8 people on a waiting list to get lawn service. The cheap ones will quit and look for a scrub to cut their grass so...to them I say so long. They are the ones that I don't want to service anyway so it will be a chance to dump them. You have to look at the positive side of higher gas prices.